To support and increase the effectiveness of the Housing Management Team; helping them to make the most efficient use of their time; by dealing with a range of administrative, management, research and functional tasks. Liaison with Board Members, Management Team and Management Group. To assist the organisation in achieving its aims and objectives regarding communities and placeshaping.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Housing Management Team, including typing and filing.
- Assist in managing electronic diaries by making appointments and arranging travel and/or accommodation where necessary provide support and monitor new projects.
- Assist with organising and hosting various briefings, training and other events
- Carry out research on agreed subjects, assimilate and precis information, assess and investigate implications, and produce reports to agreed deadlines.
- Arrange and attend agreed internal and external meetings, and follow up on matters assigned to the Director of Housing and their staff at meetings.
- Assist in developing and reviewing policies and strategies under the direction of the Director or members of the Management Team. Monitoring implementation plans to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Assist with the updating of the Business and Operational plans and help to meet deadlines.
- Designing and implementing effective systems to help the Housing Management Team maximise effectiveness.
- To manage specific projects as agreed by the Housing Management Team and provide support to other community projects as they develop.
- To be an ambassador for Freebridge Community Housing, working remotely with minimal supervision to promote a strong customer care culture, leading by example at all times.
- To promote equal opportunities and diversity in service delivery and workplace
- To promote Freebridge, its core values and ethos
- To foster constructive and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders and partner organisations
- To participate in the continuous improvement of service delivery ensuring that policies and procedures comply with legislation and regulatory requirements
- To respect the need for confidentiality when processing personal/customer data
- Other such duties as may be required from time to time
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths and English
- Research and report writing
- ICT – Microsoft Office or equivalent
- – Keyboard skills
- Ability to think ahead, pre-empt issues and put solutions in place
- Assertive and have confidence to challenge and to offer solutions
- Take responsibility
- Make well thought through decisions
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Discreet and tactful
- Ability to prepare high quality documents
- Good time management
- Work on own initiative
- Work accurately under pressure with minimum of supervision
- Positive attitude
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES Occasional out of hours work for Placeshaping Projects