Advanced Business Administrator Standard
Qualification: Level 3 Business & Administration Diploma (Optional)
This advanced Business Administrator apprenticeship is ideal for developing new and experienced people to have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviors that can be applied in all sectors.
This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
Swarm focuses on making this a project based qualification that is designed for individuals who are in roles that have a fair amount of empowerment and able to be part of the developing processes and general running of the business. This course is designed to help the individual to improve practical and technical skills as well as well as developing commercial awareness and an enterprising attitude.
The course involves undertaking a real project that is agreed with the busnieses that the apprentice can take ownership of and which adds measurable impact to the business or department.
Duration: 12- 18 months
One 2 One tutor visits at the workplace
Support of business Mentor visits
Workshops In Business & Enterprise Skills
(Optional) Level 3 Diploma In Business & Administration
Functional Skill English, Maths and ICT (If required)
Entry Requirements :
Learners must be employed within a role that will enable them to evidence the requirements of the qualification. Learners should also possess communication skills sufficient to allow them to address the assessment requirements of the qualification
Download the Detailed Unit Guide
Costs & Funding
Full Apprenticeship Course: £5000 Depending on agreed training requirements
Funding Available: 90% of the agreed price up to the maximum funding cap up of £5000 for this apprenticeship Standard
From may 2017, the government will have a funding band allocated to each apprenticeship and that funding band have a maximum amount of funding that the government is prepared to pay towards your apprenticeship training.
Currently this is 90% of the agreed price up to the maximum funding cap for training and assessment, and you as the employer will pay the remaining 10%. If the training you want is higher than the maximum funding cap then you will be required to pay in full the difference.
Do you have less than 50 employees?
Employers with fewer than 50 workers will benefit from 100% of the apprenticeship training costs (upto the maximum funding cap) if the apprentice is between 16 and 18 years old or an 19 to 24 year old apprentice who was formerly in care or has a Local Authority Education, Health and Care plan.
Additional Support for Small Employers (Under 50 employees)
16-18 Year old Incentive
If you take on an apprentice who is aged between 16-18 or aged 19 to 24 who have previously been in care or who have a Local Authority Education, Health and Care plan, you as a small employer you will receive an extra £1,000 towards the extra costs of supporting them. This will be paid to employers in two equal installments at 3 months and 12 months from the training provider.
AGE Grant (AGE will only apply to apprentices starting before 1 August 2017)
The Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16- to 24-year-olds (AGE 16 to 24) supports businesses that would not otherwise be in a position to recruit individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment through the apprenticeship programme.
If you are an eligible employer you can receive £1,500 for each eligible apprentice (up to five in total), where you have not employed an apprentice in the previous 12 months.
AGE can only be claimed for a non-levy-paying employer with fewer than 50 (49 or fewer) employees who would not otherwise be in a position to recruit an apprentice aged 16 to 24 at the start of their apprenticeship, into employment through an approved apprenticeship framework.