This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01953 609752.
Who we are
We are Swarm and we are not for personal profit national training provider in apprenticeships and professional development. Our registered company number is 08430648 and our registered address is Turnpike Business Centre, London Road, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 9SS
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about our apprenticeships and training services, apply for an apprenticeship vacancy or if you register to receive one of our newsletters.
What we Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Info to help develop our website such as IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when
- Other information relevant to eligibility for government funded qualifications
- If your applying for an advertised apprenticeship vacancy then we may ask for a CV
What we do with the Information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Give you the best chance of successfully applying for an advertised apprenticeship
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- Process any workshop or training day bookings that you have submitted
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about events, activities, new apprenticeships and training and promotion of our companies training services.
- Process job applications.
Children Under 13 years of age
Swarm takes very seriously our duty to further protect the privacy of children under 13 from their data being used in way that might lead to their exploitation. To protect anyone under the age of 13, we will not keep or process any personal information of individuals under the age of 13 unless we get specific consent from their parent or legal guardian.
Where swarm does get consent from a legal guardian for someone under the age of 13 then we will also:
- We will securely keep all personal data for children and vulnerable people separate from that of information for anyone over 13.
- We will Not share their personal information with anyone else unless we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
- All marketing will clearly show how to unsubscribe from the contact and have their data erased
- We design our processes so that, as far as possible, it is as easy for a child/vulnerable person to get their personal data erased as it was for them to provide it in the first place
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers: For anyone over the aged 13 and over, we may pass your information to our third party service providers and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing agreed services to you on our behalf (for example when you apply for an apprenticeship position advertised by us on behalf of an employer or when a training day is delivered in collaboration with another service provider). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the Swarm network for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Its Your Choice
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from Swarm.
We will not contact you personally for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email to email@example.com or by calling 01953 609752.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small piece of information which is automatically created by our website on your computer. Please note that cookies are harmless to your computer. Cookies are a useful way of remembering the choices you have previously made while visiting our website.
Please note that if you set your computer to not accept cookies, there may be certain features/areas on our website that you may not be able to use.
Cookies for improving service:
We use Squarespace Analytics to collect information about how users use our website(s). We do this to make sure it’s meeting our users’ needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Squarespace Analytics is our reporting platform that gives us insight into how our site is performing. With Analytics, we can get a clear picture of your visitors and their behavior through visual reports on statistics like pageviews, conversion, sales, referrers, and popular content.
Cookies for Social Networks
Some pages on our website(s) contain social network ‘share’ or ‘like’ buttons. The social network may set a cookie (or cookies) on your PC when you click on one of these buttons. In order to implement these buttons on our website(s) we use code which is hosted by the relevant social network. If you are a member of some of these networks they may use this code to track that you have visited our website(s) whether you click the buttons or not.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.